A few updates on my planning process:
- Food for my resupply boxes is starting to take up large amounts of space in my room. A trip or two to Costco should complete my grub stockpile.
- Secured a ride from San Diego Airport, room for the night, and ride to the trail in the morning. Thanks Scout and Frodo, I look forward to meeting you.
- I've got 98% of my gear, just need to get shoes. (kinda important)
- Almost have all my maps printed out. Thanks Halfmile!
- Just posted my itinerary for the trip on "The Plan" page. I used Craig's PCT Planner (www.PCTPlanner.com), thanks Craig. Just a note, this all estimates. I think I can do it even faster than what I planned for.
- Trying to stop thinking about all the things that scare the hell outta me (i.e. weather, snow, water, mountain lions, Deliverance style hillbillies, and my own recklessness)
I've been so anxious to get out and do some hiking, however it's been raining in Spokane for just about the last 4 weeks straight. Spring in the Pacific Northwest! I did get one nice day last week and managed to do a small day hike. It was beautiful out and I didn't hit snow on the trail till about 2,000 feet. On some portions of the trail it had been packed down and turned into sheer ice. I fell on my ass 4 or 5 times, however somehow managed to not get violated by a stick or a rock. It's making me really consider taking micro-spikes on the trail with me. But I don't know, we'll see.
It seems like these last few weeks are dragging on, probably because I'm just so ready to get out there. Can't wait to meet you all on the trail!