Monday, May 2, 2011

Hey everyone, another quick trail update: I'm camped tonight in a field of huge boulders at mile 144, about 35 miles outside Idylwild CA. Saw my first rattlesnake today about an hour ago. Tried provoking it with my trekking poles, but it still would rattle haha. Stayed at our first traill angel's place last night: Mike's Hiker Shack! Shack is definately a good term, but man we hikers are grateful. Water is very scarce in these parts and places like Mike's and the water caches are extremely helpful. Feet are still wounded with blisters which is not unsual. It takes a few weeks to develop those tough indian feet. My knees are a little better, sore in the morning but usually work themselves out as I hike. Oh yeah, I got my trailname yesterday...HEADBANGER! Haha, definately a referance to my love of punk rock and heavy metal. Plus I've been playing some mean trekking pole air guitar ha!
Well miss everything back home tons! You'll hear from my in Idyllwild. Rock on followers!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cody, it is always good to see a new post and to see all is well! We like your old nickname "Bear bait" better, alluding to the incident at Priest Lake. Glad your knees are improving, be sure to elevate them when you rest.
    Walk on.
    Alden and Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear from you man! Glad you're doing so well! Keep on keeping on!

    ReplyDelete