Saturday, June 18, 2011

Snow, snow, snow! Wow, there is a lot of snow in the Sierras! Ha, hey guys I'm now in Bishop, CA. As usual, nothing has really gone as planned this last week, since I left Kennedy Meadows. Record snowfall this year has really made hiking through the highest elevations of the PCT very tough. I've spent countless hours sliding on hard snow, postholing through soft snow, walking over unstable ice bridges, fording through raging creeks, lost on snow covered trail, and many other terrifying situations. Unfortunately, due to treacherous conditions, I was unable to climb Mt Whitney. I did try, but had to turn back when I no longer felt safe. Bummer, but I did make it across Forester Pass (13,180 ft) yesterday, the highest point on the PCT. Very scary and exciting. Look forward to a full blog update tomorrow and maybe some new pics. Thanks guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment