Monday, February 28, 2011

More snow for Spokane

Hello fellow thru-hikers/family/friends/and creepers,
I've noticed that many of the other hikers have been updating their journals daily, so I figured it was about time for another update on mine. I do plan on keeping a journal daily while I'm on the trail, however I just don't feel like I have too much to say yet. There isn't a whole lot of new info to share since my last update, but I think I can ramble on for a few paragraphs ha.

So I'm still waiting on my thru-hike permit from the Pacific Crest Trail Association, although I know it must be on it's way because they did already charge me for it. Also coming with the thru-hike permit should be my permit to climb Mt. Whitney, which I am very excited about! I just sent in my application for entry to Canada, so hopefully they'll let me enter the their beautiful country without too much problem. I've somehow managed to keep a clear criminal history in my young and stupid years, unlike many of my friends ha! So there should be no reason I can't enter Canada, yay!

I've got about 85% of my gear so far, a few more trips to REI should do it. It's also probably about time to start building my resupply boxes, because I want to make sure that I don't forget anything. I really want to be prepared for everything, but I also don't want to drive my crazy thinking I missed something. I've always been pretty good at procrastinating and I'm definitely trying to avoid that while planning for this trip.

Lastly, I've been getting bombarded with questions about the trip from my family and friends. It's funny because I even had one friend try talk me out saying "No dude, you don't want that. You DON'T want to do that. That doesn't sound fun at all" haha, I just had to laugh and say sorry but I'm doing it. It's hard to explain to someone who is not like-minded, about why I want to do this. However, I do really enjoy being questioned about the little details from curious people. So far just about everyone I've talked is very excited and supportive of my decision.

It worries me a bit because we're still getting fresh snow here in Spokane and the temperature has been dipping into negative digits. I know know, it's still winter here, but I just hope the snow won't be too bad this year in California. I'm worried, I'm excited, I'm paranoid, and I'm anxious. Can't wait till I finally leave and just do it. As my fellow thru-hiker Brian G put it: "It's gonna be one bad ass summer!" Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment