Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hey guys and hello Washington! Ha, yep I'm back in my home state. This has been a crazy week and I'm just so stoked to finally be so close to home. I left Sisters OR on Tuesday with a plan to do 140 miles to get to Cascade Locks OR by friday, before the Post Office closed for the weekend. JimBrick, Buttercup, and Wiz had the same plan, so we did 42 miles the 1st day, 45 miles the 2nd, and after 10 miles the next day I could go no more. My feet had given up, so I hitched from Timberline Lodge on Mt. Hood, down to Cascade Locks to take some well needed zeros. Spent the weekend with my Mom at PCT Trail Days and had a blast. Unfortunately, that 44 mile section I missed is now closed due to a wildfire, so it will have to wait until another day. I'm excited to spend the weekend in White Pass with my dad and then push on for the finish line! I'm so worn out physically/mentally, but will be so
sad it see this trip end. This has been my life for 5 months and I love it! I am Hiker Trash. -Banger

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your back in the home state. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go bud! Hiker trash or not, you're making your dreams come true which is something not many can say! Welcome back to good ol' Washington!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on reaching WA Headbanger! I met Chris, Nicole and Beav at Shelter Cove last week and they told me about your blog. I look forward to following you to the finish line!

    Jeff
    Eugene, OR

    ReplyDelete