Monday, April 18, 2011

STRESS!

WOW! 4 days till I leave for San Diego and I really can't believe this is happening. There is just so much still to do in such a short amount of time. I entered panic mode today and began second guessing all the decisions I've made prior to this last week. All in all though, I know I've got my bases covered and it's under control. However, to make a lifestyle change this big I think you'd be crazy to not be going crazy the last week haha.


I got my gear all packed and ready to ship to San Diego. I still feel like I have entirely too much stuff and could make more cuts. But I'm constantly debating with myself over what I need and don't need. I supposed it will just take some on-trail time to determine the true necessities and send the rest home.


My resupply packages are still coming along. That is my biggest chore to finish this week before I leave. I have all my food ready and separated, I just need to portion it out and pack it into boxes so my Mom can send them out when the time comes. I'm having the same problem with my food though: I just think I'm trying to bring too much. It's hard trying to get as much food as I think I need into each resupply box. I've always eaten way more food than normal when I'm backpacking, but yet on the other hand I always still have leftover food at the end of the trip. I really don't want to carry extra food if I can't eat it and I really don't want to be hungry because I didn't bring enough! I may just go crazy before I even leave.


So Friday is the big day to leave home and Saturday will be my first day on the trail. I am so excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment